Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Birthday Haul aka Makeup Haul + Aladdin

Heeello everyone and welcome to my birthday haul!! So the past September, the 11th was my birthday and I turned 22. I'm getting old y'all. I was lucky enough to have my mom, boyfriend (& myself) to get me some presents and I'm here to show (most of them) to you! I basically tell them the makeup I was interested in and I bought the rest of it... It's that easy to get me some gifts, haha. Although you can see a lot of things on the picture, I'm just going to talk about some of them, because I need to go editing ASAP, but I wanted so bad to make my first almost-everything-about-makeup entry.

1. W7 - In the mood & In the city palettes



































I know this brand has being around for a while now, but I get interested in it just recently. They got a variety of products in their collection, but they're mostly known for their dupes of the Naked palettes by Urban Decay. These two babes are the dupes of the Naked Basics 1 & 2 palettes, and as you'll see in the next images, the colors of the shadows are pretty darn close to the original ones.

The only downside of these two mini palettes is that the shadows are a little bit dusty, since they're mostly matte. But for 3,5€ each, what else can you ask for, right?

In the city (right) is the dupe of Naked 2 Basics. In the mood (left) is the dupe of  the Naked Basics. 















2. W7- In the buff: lightly toasted, In the nude, In the night: up in smoke & In the night palettes


























Sooo, I needed more of these palettes! I absolutely fell in love with it when I got my first one (In the nude). Although as I mentioned before, the matte shadows can be a little dusty, but the ones with satin & shimmery finish are just a dream. They're the most pigmented shadows I've ever tried in my life along with the MUR shadows (clearly I've never got my hands into high-end shadows... maybe one day haha). In the buff: lightly toasted is a perfect dupe of the Naked 1, while In the nude does the same job as the Naked 3 palette. As far as I know, the two In the night palettes are not dupes of any palette, but they're just as pretty as their sisters. Here it is a close-up of the shadows, so you can appreciate their beauty by yourself!

1º row - In  the buff: lightly toasted | 2º row - In the nude | 3rd row - In the night | 4th row- In the night: up in smoke 





























3- Makeup Revolution - Iconic 2 palette

























I couldn't get myself into the W7 In the buff palette, which is the dupe of the Naked 2. It was sold out on the store where I got the rest of the other W7 palettes. I discovered the brand Makeup Revolution has its own dupes for the Naked palettes too, so since I wanted to 'complete' my collection, I got this one too. These are sooooooo pigmented, even more than the W7 ones, and I was pretty impressed with the W7 quality already. They also got a dupe of the Naked 1 & the Naked 3: their Iconic 1 & 3 palettes.
























4. Makeup Revolution - Ultra Blush Palettes: Hot Spice & Sugar and Spice




































I've always been a blush person, but never had a clue about how to apply it. Recently I've been really into contouring, high-lighting and all that good stuff and this two palettes have made my life so much easier. You get a huge variety of shades for a little amount of money and their quality is amazing! I used them for everything: contour, highlight and blush.

Makeup Revolution - Ultra Blush Sugar and Spice Palette

Makeup Revolution - Ultra Blush Hot Spice Palette




































































5. Tons of lipsticks & one lonely mascara























As you can tell, I've been really into many things lately. One of these things is nude/brown lipsticks, more specifically, dupes of nude MAC lipsticks, since I don't think I could afford one MAC lipstick never in my life. Hahaha, I'm pretty sure that the total price of all the products you see in the picture is what you pay for a single MAC lipstick. Anyway, here's a list of what you see:

  • Wet'n'wild: Just peachy - A nude, peachy shade.
  • Wet'n'wild: Bare it all - Lots of people say that this is a dupe of the trendy Velvet Teddy by MAC, but after doing my research I'll say it is closer to Honey Love or Kinda Sexy. 
  • Wet'n'wild: Rosebud - A warm pink shade but kind of nude, which makes it more wearable.
  • Wet'n'wild: In the flesh - A perfect dupe of MAC Twig. 
  • Wet'n'wild: Spiked with rum - A perfect dupe of MAC Del Rio.
  • Wet'n'wild: Sandstorm - Another brownish shade with kind of a yellow undertone rather than a reddish undertone, as the two previous ones. 
  • Wet'n'wild: Mochalicious - A really dark reddish nude/brown shade, dupe of MAC Verve. This last four shades are going to be my go-to for the Fall season.
  • Essence: Come Naturally - A creamy nude shade. It's not as pigmented as the Wet'n'Wild ones but it's a complete different formula. 
  • Essence: Cool Nude - If you're looking for a dupe of MAC Faux, this is your shade. 
  • Makeup Revolution - Salvation intense lip lacquer in the shade Depravity. I got this one wrong. I wanted to get the matte version of it, but instead I bought the liquid lipstick version. Anyway, it's a nice shade that I'm not gonna used very often because it's too out of my comfort zone, but hopefully I could use it for my upcoming Halloween tutorials!
  • W7: Absolute Lashes Mascara - The packaging is exactly like the Benefit- They're real one and I'm sure the quality is not as good as Benefit's, but for 2€ you got a pretty decent mascara. 


6. Animators Collection Dolls - Aladdin





































And now my favorite part! My lovely boyfriend got me this Animator's Collection Aladdin doll, which was recently added to the famous Disney Collection. I never owned an Animator boy, so I was really excited to get this one! My collection is almost complete, I can't wait for that to happen. 

Aaaand I wanted to say before I go that this are just materials things. I'm pretty sure I purchased more than half of the makeup with my own money, so the whole entry thing is just a way to share with you my most recent purchases as well as a way of introducing this blog to the makeup world. 

I received lots of kind wishes for my birthday and my boyfriend made me spent the most beautiful birthday time of my life, so those things are definitely the ones I appreciate the most. Not all good things in life are buyable, even when lots of them are :P

Ok, I gotta go editing now 'cause it's getting late and my computer is sooooooooo slow. I may start calling it my little snail or something. Anyway, see ya tomorrow with the new video! Xoxo